Skirting the Issue by [livejournal.com profile] _inbetween_ ( Skirt Challenge)

Aug. 1st, 2005 11:21 pm
[identity profile] http://users.livejournal.com/_inbetween_/ posting in [community profile] sga_flashfic
Title: Skirting the Issue
Pairing: McKay/Sheppard
Thanks to [livejournal.com profile] wax_jism for the boating answer, and my [livejournal.com profile] spela for the beta. Dedicated to [livejournal.com profile] _bettina_, [livejournal.com profile] helleboredoll and [livejournal.com profile] fenris_wolf0, with gratitude.


Note: Short. My first AU. It begged to be written. Loudly.




“I called my sister. Jeannie was so happy she cried! She wants you to have her wedding gown.”

Radek had it good, John thought as he looked back towards the coast. They’d left the hotel, the police and the mafia far behind, but John did not at all feel relieved. While Radek was back in pants and off with his (decidedly feminine) girl, very much in love and scot-free, John once again had to give his life - or at least his body and sanity - to save their asses. Groaning inwardly, he thought of yet another excuse that might let him off the hook without getting him thrown to the fishes.

“I can’t get married in your sister’s dress, Rodney. She and I – we’re not built the same way.”

He looked glumly at the man beside him. Rodney was humming and occasionally bouncing on the balls of his feet as he made his fancy boat take them away from one mess and surely into a much bigger one. Ever since Rodney had proposed to John, his usual preoccupied manner had turned completely quixotic. He still had a red rose stuck behind his ear, and John caught himself thinking that it looked oddly fetching.

“We can have it altered.”

John revised his opinion again. The man was a menace, and there might be some horns poking out between that fine hair. Narrowing his eyes, he decided he really had to be more direct to get through to Rodney.

“No, we can’t. I’ll level with you.” Another deep breath, and why wasn’t this as easy as he’d expected? “We can’t get married at all.”

“Why not?” Rodney asked, completely unruffled.

“I’m … I’m not a real blonde,” John announced grandly, ripping off his wig.

Rodney barely shot him a glance and kept steering them ever further from the coast, smiling serenely. “Doesn’t matter. You’re a very pretty brunette, Jane.”

“Rodney, listen, we cannot do this … I’m not Jane! I’m not the woman you think I am.”

“I like surprises.”

“I am really hairy. Hirsute! And I’m not into shaving.”

Rodney grinned broadly and winked at him. “I don’t mind.”

“Well - you won’t like this one,” John said with undisguised glee. “I’ve got a doctorate! I’m not really dumb!”

“Cool.”

The smug little smile was still in place. John rubbed his hand across his tired eyes, only to smudge his mascara further. One day, he’d laugh at this, oh yeah. Taking a deep breath, John said in his most serious and insistent voice: “I can never, ever have children.”

Rodney barely blinked before replying, “We can adopt some”.

John wanted to stamp his foot and tear his hair, then reigned himself in. He was not a girl, he could not actually marry a guy, no matter how mad and rich said guy was, and he really needed to get out of these clothes.

“I have a terrible past! I’ve been living with different men the last ten years. Mostly big, muscled guys. With guns!”

“I forgive you.”

Having reached his breaking point, John fumbled with the fastenings, then simply tore the cheap fabric of his skirt apart, shouting dramatically (or at least in a very exasperated manner):

“Rodney, you don’t understand. I’m a man!”

An expression of rapturous bliss on the mad millionaire’s face was all he got for his revelation, before Rodney let go of the throttle, bent forward, grabbed John’s hips and nuzzled his cock.

„You are perfect.“

The Beginning



Note: Obviously, this ficlet is a riff on the classic ending of Wilder’s ingenious movie.
ETA: detailed retelling.


Page 1 of 2 << [1] [2] >>

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 09:38 pm (UTC)
fenris_wolf0: So innocent it hurts! (Default)
From: [personal profile] fenris_wolf0
ROTFL!

You are right, this was an obvious crossover/fusion which needed to be done.

:p

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 09:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] spubba.livejournal.com
Oh my God. Your avatar. I have to clean my monitor off now. No joke, I just sprayed soda all over it.
(deleted comment)

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 09:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sp23.livejournal.com
Hee! Some like it hot, indeed. Too funny.

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 09:58 pm (UTC)
ext_1637: (rodeny john carson radek orgy by cassiej)
From: [identity profile] wickedwords.livejournal.com
::adores:: I love Some Like It Hot. Now I want the whole movie though, with them in it....

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 10:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ladyvyola.livejournal.com
One of my favorite movies of all time! The thought of Radek in his yachting togs, John with maracas, Rodney so happy and accepting....

Loved it!

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 10:28 pm (UTC)
sage: Still of Natasha Romanova from Iron Man 2 (jump)
From: [personal profile] sage
Bweeeee!

YES!!

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 10:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] carolyn-claire.livejournal.com
Har! Of course! *bg*

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 10:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bluebrocade.livejournal.com
omg. that's too funny.

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 10:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] the-moonmoth.livejournal.com
Dude! I love that movie so much, and this just rocks. I lol'd a lot :)

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 11:16 pm (UTC)
ext_214: dh: don't let the stars get in your eyes (sheppard: tears on your window)
From: [identity profile] queenofstars.livejournal.com
"Rodney, you don't understand. I'm a man!"

For a moment there I thought Rodney was going to answer "Lucky us I'm Canadian then!"
*giggles*
thanks for the laugh. =)

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 11:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ruggerdavey.livejournal.com
So, what movie is this based off of?

Also, I love your "bouncy" mood icon. I really need to see that movie again.

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] ruggerdavey.livejournal.com - Date: 2005-08-02 12:28 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-01 11:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] thegrrrl2002.livejournal.com
::giggles:: That was fabulously silly and fun. I loved it.

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] clarkangel.livejournal.com - Date: 2005-08-02 02:01 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 01:01 am (UTC)
ext_1175: (M/S 1)
From: [identity profile] lamardeuse.livejournal.com
“I can’t get married in your sister’s dress, Rodney. She and I – we’re not built the same way.”

How much do I LOVE you for quoting Wilder? *g*

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 02:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] clarkangel.livejournal.com
Too funny. Just...too funny.

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 02:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lunulet.livejournal.com
LOL - I totally don't get it!

But I wanted to say: I love how John is so the *opposite* of Rodney's ideal blonde babes. John just turns his world upside-down. Poor Rodney. *g*

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 02:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tigs.livejournal.com
Hee! That was totally fun. I never would have thought of putting them in Some Like It Hot, but scarily I can actually see them all in the roles you set for them. And Radek, too. Hee again. :)

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 02:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] merelyn.livejournal.com
OMG yay. One of my top 5 favorite movies EVER *and* SGA? Quality. Loved it.

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 03:46 am (UTC)
ext_2822: (Space Madness)
From: [identity profile] metron-ariston.livejournal.com
Dude, *heeeeeeeee*

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 04:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fatuorum.livejournal.com
MARRY ME! I totally lost it at 'I’m not the woman you think I am' and I don't even know the movie this came from.

Icon love! *pets dancing!Joe*

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 04:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] http://users.livejournal.com/_bettina_/
*lol*

Love it! Hee!

And the icon is perfect for this story *g*.

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] http://users.livejournal.com/_bettina_/ - Date: 2005-08-02 06:15 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] http://users.livejournal.com/_bettina_/ - Date: 2005-08-03 06:00 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] http://users.livejournal.com/_bettina_/ - Date: 2005-08-03 06:14 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 06:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fourteenlines.livejournal.com
Bwah! Oh, Jesus, that's perfect. As if Some Like It Hot weren't subtexty enough as it is! (And the twist! The switch from "Nobody's perfect" to "You are perfect" - it kills.)

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 04:18 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nel-ani.livejournal.com
Bwee! :D

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-02 05:30 pm (UTC)
northern: Lance Bass's smirking mouth. (lancesmirk)
From: [personal profile] northern
Bwahahahahahaha! Wonderful!

(no subject)

Date: 2005-08-03 01:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] scap3goat.livejournal.com
OMG! That so great! I love it!
Page 1 of 2 << [1] [2] >>

Profile

Stargate Atlantis Flashfiction

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags